through the process of building a literal coffee table book of coffee tables i will be able to explore an interest in books compiled of photographs, self-reference and sculpture. my image series will be composed of photographs of multiple types of coffee tables in various states of use. i will then attach the images to the top of a coffee table, making a coffee table coffee table book in an attempt to recreate, or simulate the experience of looking at different coffee tables.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the layout for my table is still going to be the same. with a coffee table as the back cover. i have changed the table i am using due to the size of the large table. it was going to be awkward to turn pages so i am now using a table that is 27inches by 17inches. the smaller size will allow for more pages. probably about 10 to 15.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I like that you have chosen one table to use for the book. It looks very nice. I can't wait to see the final project!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking really good. I think the smaller table size will be easier to work with too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this table a lot more . The colors have a mid-western feel to them, yet there are more modern items on the table. I think this table will work more because you can see more detail of the actual table, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think the smaller size will be easier to work with and hooray for being able to put in more pages that way! Everything looks good!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I like seeing how the table evolves with different items but some staying the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your idea of just using the one table and photographing it as thing accumulate. its almost like a timelapse piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your photos, they are very interesting to look at and they create a lot of character within the coffee tables.

    --Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you're using the same table & letting it change & evolve in each photo! I can't wait to see this all together as a coffee table book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This idea is great I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea of a coffee table book is intriguing. I hope that you remain true to the un-staged look and keep the concept interesting. Keep your photos focused. I can't wait to see your table in the fall.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete